Have you ever known anyone who has made a situation better by worrying? Look at the people in your life who worry constantly and talk about their problems. Are their troubles disappearing through worrying?
I don’t think so! Furthermore, talking about it enhances and distorts the issue. The things in your life that you focus on will grow. Thinking and talking about a problem will only make it seem bigger.
When you focus on your troubles, you will only grow weary and bitter. If you keep worrying, your circumstances won’t change. Trust, hope and joy fade away and fear grows in your heart. It is a slow but serious process.
Let’s look at what Jesus tells us about worries:
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothes? Matthew 6, 25
First of all, there are more important things than your problems!
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6,34
Don’t worry about things that might happen some time in the future. It’s better to focus on Gods’ kingdom. He’s the one in charge. He will give you whatever you need at the right time.
Moreover, it doesn’t make any sense to worry at all! Here is why:
- God will provide for your needs: And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4,19
- Worrying doesn’t change your situation for the better.
- Worry doesn’t empty tomorrow of its sorrows, it empties today of its strengths, Steven Furtick. Thinking about problems costs you energy and joy.
- Problems are more about your attitude than about your circumstances. Take a look at yourself; where is your focus?
- Worry is a down payment on a problem you may never have, Joyce Meyer. Most of the problems you worry about never occur in real life.
- Worrying normally doesn’t lead to any result. Take out a pen and paper, lay your problem out and take action steps to change your situation.
- Don’t worry about yesterday. It ended last night at midnight, John C. Maxwell. In other words: it’s done. You can’t do anything about your past. No matter how much you think and worry about past things, they won’t change. But your future is in your hands!
- There are so many things you can’t control, like the weather, war, death, natural disasters, etc. Focusing on things outside your control makes you the victim so you don’t have to take any action or responsibility for the things you can control, since you’re busy worrying about the things you can’t control.
I hope these statements help you to see more clearly. So stop worrying and start enjoying your life! 🙂Share This: